View Single Post
      04-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #65
alin22
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowghost View Post
I didn't see a search function with my iPhone 5 paired to the car. Can't you use voice to call up a number? I use "Phonebook" and then she asks what name.
Thanks for your reply. I found an iPhone 3Gs and tried that one too. There were only 10 contacts in that phonebook and it didn't show a Search function. I am just guessing but it might be that "search" shows up only when the number of contacts is above a certain value. On my iPhone 5, where I have over 2,000 phonebook entries, the Search a-z function shows on top of the list, the very first line.

Voice command is hit and miss, it gets it right with English names, however doesn't work too well with other ones.

Anyway, I've sent an e-mail to BMW and although they are not specifically referring to my problem, here's their answer:

"Thank you for contacting BMW Canada. We appreciate your inquiry.

At this time, our BMW engineers are still testing the compatibility of the iPhone 5 with BMW vehicles. During this time, not all features may be fully functional. We apologize for any disappointment this may cause.

If you have any further comments, please reply to this email or contact the Customer Interaction Centre at 1-800-567-2691. Again, thank you for contacting BMW Canada."
Appreciate 1