View Single Post
      08-25-2012, 09:39 AM   #611
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
This I don't buy exactly, but maybe I am just hung up on on the terminology. When you spec in one of the Nav Packages like ZMB or ZMP, you loose 6AL BMW Live because in those packages 6NH Bluetooth is replaced with 6NL Bluetooth with Telematics, which includes the Combox Telematics, and with that comes 612 BMW Assist. 612 BMW Assist and 6AL BMW Live can not coexist. It is one or the other. So, with 612 BMW Assist, BMW Includes 616 BMW Online to replace 6AL BMW Live. The two offer some similar features like primitive News, Weather, Google Local Search, and Applications (e.g. Yelp, Fuel Prices; Not 6NR BMW Apps); however, 6AL BMW Live also includes Google Panoramio, Google Street View, and Internet Browser functionality, none of which is available with 616 BMW Online. Given they are fundamentally different in that 616 BMW Online uses the GSM module / SIM card in the Combox for data, whereas 6AL BMW Live uses Internet Over Bluetooth (Tethering / PAN) and your cell phone carrier for data, I would not consider 616 BMW Online the "new BMW Live", and I would argue the lack of an Internet Browser means it does not include "Internet".
Wht don't u buy? I didn't say BMW Online is the new BMW Live. I said the F20/F30 w/o nav/combox is the new BMW Live, the old BMW Live being the one needing prof nav+combox.
BMW Live for F20/30 w/nav is still offered on cars where their markets don't have telematics service. For those that have BMW Assist, Internet (614) offers whts missing in BMW Assist Online.
Appreciate 0