View Single Post
      11-30-2015, 03:45 PM   #5
Jonsiu
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 328i, F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mump
The analog one taps into the vacuum tube and has a power/ground wire; thus giving you only vacuum and battery readings.

the other one uses a OBD cable and also has a analog boost connection. I have this for my E93. I see the pluses on both of these. This one with the OBD cable gives you so many more readings but for the past 3 yrs that I have had mine, it stays on boost 99% of the time. the bad side of the OBD cable is if the car sits for awhile, the OBD goes to sleep. You have to open the cover, unplug and replug it back in to get it to work. Plus, if you use a Cobb or such, you may need that port - it is hard to get it completely unplugged and out of the way to use.
I see thanks. What vehicle may you be driving as the obd port on F30 is pretty easily accessible. I also have a concern as I am not sure which hose we tap into on the N55? I heard we have no way of tapping into vacuum besides tapping directly to intake manifold? Is it not good to let the gauge go into sleep mode when car sits idle? Since it would drain battery?