View Single Post
      02-09-2013, 08:11 AM   #9
mikew2069
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by inChargeOfIT View Post
I just went to a Cobb event yesterday and spoke with one of the lead BMW engineers. Sounds like 6 months or so before they will be ready. The big problem is that BMW dramatically changed their ECU, so the Cobb team (and all of the other flash tuners) have to reverse engineer the ecu from square one and of course go through the process of thorough testing. They are working on it though, so we will just have to be patient. They also seem to have a good respect for Terry and his piggy back, and even said that their tunes will compliment the JB4... so I order the stage 1 (get it tomorrow and will roll with that until the Cobb tune is out. I personally trust these guys and appreciate the fact that they are not just throwing out a tune without a great amount of testing while still being reasonably priced. Luckily, I live in Austin (Cobb's R&D HQ), so I will be attended their first thursday meetups each month to learn more and check out some of the awesome rides that show up.
I'm actually in Austin right now. I live in Houston though. I emailed Cobb also last week and they just told me to check back in about 2-3 months but it is on their roadmap. I think I'll go ahead and order JB too.
2016 F15 50i ///M-Sport
BM3/H&R/Borla
Appreciate 0