View Single Post
      09-22-2012, 02:52 AM   #17
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by David325Australia View Post
Dealer gave me a rubbish price for mine as well. But that was months ago and I couldn't blame them for that.

As to selling your car, make sure that the new one is all good first. Certainly prep you car for sale as I am with mine, but if you can do without your current car till your new one comes, then why wait.

Going off topic a little, I have been monitoring carsales and note some wildly fluctuating prices for a car like mine. Neither rhyme nor reason for it. Oh well, I'm putting in a reasonable amount of money into making my car as good as possible for sale - new tyres, wheel buffing, removing paint scuffs, waxing etc. Just so a buyer can pay and drive a truly great car.

Best wishes for a quick turn around with your new car. Mine is hot on your heels, mid Atlantic currently, honing in fast on Freemantle before its arrival in Melbourne on 2nd October.

Your right there David I've seen a very big difference in pricing on carsales I would find the price gap almost 10k apart between similar models.

In any case.. My dealer was quite apologetic that he could not offer me a good trade in price. He explained that BMW sells to wholesalers if they do not have room to sell it as floor stock. (No idea how true that is).

I remember back when we got a great trade in value for our toyota at a honda dealer, weird ey.

So far I only know of a few people in melbourne who are getting the m sport, I reckon our Melb F30 gathering could be bigger than the one they had at Toronto
Appreciate 0