View Single Post
      10-02-2012, 09:02 AM   #54
iwannabimmer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda6s grand touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
Clearly the ATS having a better chassis and tuning is what the reviewer is saying. Yes.

I bring up the options and model because they list the "as tested" MSRP for the ATS. If it is a "Premium" model, then the MSRP is higher.
IF that is the case, the review states the wrong information.
But as a poster pointed out, that ATS may not have, and likely doesn't have the FE3, as it's not an option no the "Performance" ATS.
Just wanting to clear up the info.

I don't think Caddy made a mistake, the review video doesn't give enough information, so we're left to guess.
I think the reviewer made the mistake. The ATS as tested price is listed as $45,910. You can have a 2.0T Premium with Cold Weather Package, Crystal Red Tintcoat and 6-speed manual for that price. Note that the Caddy didn't have sunroof in this video review.

As for the Caddy's mistake I was talking about, it was just my opinion that they have misnamed their collections to begin with.

BTW, I saw your post above that you can't find any 2.0T models at dealerships in Chicago area. That's because the 2.0T production started in September and that model will start showing up at dealerships either later this month or early November even. A limited number of 2.0T models in Premium Collection with 6-speed manuals were made available for media reviews only. Also, I expect most ATS models in Chicago area dealerships to be AWD, just like many F30s are.

And since we are on the subject, I live between 3 Cadillac dealerships (Barrington, Northbrook and Libertyville) and 4 BMW dealerships (Barrington, Northfield, Schaumburg and Lake Bluff). Libertyville and Lake Bluff are the closest to me. As soon as Caddy has the 2.0T at dealerships around me, I will go test drive one. Do you know which BMW dealership around Chicago has 328i/335i with Sport or M sport line for comparable test drive vs the ATS?
Appreciate 0