View Single Post
      03-29-2024, 12:04 PM   #43
Electronics
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by prei1978 View Post
Hi folks, resurrecting this thread as I'm planning a move from the US to the NL in summer 2025.

Given the price of new cars in the NL I plan to take a car with me. That will either be my current G23 M440xi or I'm considering getting a G80 M3. Obviously with either option I'm trying to understand what I'd have to do to get the car ready for local inspection, which of those changes are doable via Bimmercode, any hardware changes needed, and if anyone managed to get iDrive to work fully in Europe how that worked.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks folks.
Hey, am from the Netherlands, and doing small time imports for myself. Get the G80 M3 (stock), and take it with you. The changes via bimmercode is easy, only hardware change mainly is headlight configuration. iDrive will work mostly. Connecttedrive will work partly. Maps will work. The car is here almost double the price, so it wouldn't make sense to buy it here. Cost for importing of the car will be around 2k, and will take some time (few months) because of long waiting times. However, it definitely is worth it. Take the highest worth car with you that you can, because Europe's car market is too high at the moment.
Appreciate 0