Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitallust
Quote:
Originally Posted by David328M-Sport View Post
No, but the overall quality of the camera is quite poor - and that's during the day. Low resolution, 4x3 aspect ratio with fisheye lens. BMW could easily have installed a proper camera in the F3X. We pay plenty for the privilege.

At night, although I can see everything I need to via the camera, the picture quality worsens, but my camera's image does not have the same problem as yours.

It seems that there is so much light leakage into yours, that auto exposure is seemingly not functioning, causing exposure.
Apparently they put a new camera on anyhow, so I am guessing if it is infact too much light leakage then they possibly didn't do anything at all.
Your right about the camera though.. next trip is coming up I feel.

Frustrating
I too notice a similar problem with the reverse camera, and it might be a strange problem that mostly affects white cars.

The glare from the licence plate light reflecting off the white rear bumper lip is so strong that it's hard to make out anything else in the image.

I'll might try experimenting with putting something dark over the rear bumper lip to see if that helps.
Good theory
Appreciate 0