Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E82 N52 6MT A51

Garage List
2018 BMW X2  [0.00]
2009 128i  [0.00]
Auto Seat Position Change with multiple driver profiles or key fobs

Dunno if this has been covered but I have been looking up features on my F30 and by far the longest one for me to figure out was the auto seat memory positions based on profiles.

This applies to all F30's with Electric Seats

If you want your (**SEATS**) + mirrors/etc to change automatically when you switch a driver profile or use multiple key fobs with different profiles on each key follow these steps.

If you already have multiple driver profiles associated with different keys and with seats positions stored, then just follow step 2 only.

Walkthrough:

1. In idrive select a driver profile (3 available + 1 guest). (You can name it for the driver)

2. **this is the most important Step** . Once driver profile is loaded, then Go to Settings --> door locks --> check the First check box (labelled along the lines *auto seat position*) then exit to main menu if you wish. (This setting is not enabled by default).

3. Set your seat & mirror position the way you like.

4. Press the M button on the seat. The button will light up red.

5. Press either 1 or 2 to store position. (repeat from step 3 to store second position)

6. Repeat from step 1 for multiple driver profiles.

7. Select one of the configured driver profiles you want with the key you unlocked the car with. (this step associates the key with one of the driver profiles). Seats & mirrors should auto change now when you switch profiles.

8. Then get out and lock the car with key, the last used memory seat position either (1 or 2) from step 5 will be saved to be called up by the key when unlocking car again.

That should be all. This is quite complex since BMW gave idrive driver profiles with auto seat position disabled by default. Then theres the storing seat & mirror positions to seat memory which is in turn stored to the driver profile. Lastly the driver profile is associated with the key by selecting profile while desired key is in use. My god this was HELL. This is like 4 chapters of the manual combined in 1.
Appreciate 1