View Single Post
      12-17-2012, 02:02 PM   #14
EB_F30
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 13' M Sport 335 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoi View Post
That's like saying I bought a gun but don't live near a range, so it's ok to shoot it on the streets. It's not like anyone forces people to buy 335s. I bought a 328 exactly because I knew I would use the full power of the 335 maybe at most once or twice a year, and that wasn't worth it.

Yes, there is a time and place to push a car, but that is NEVER on a public road. I don't care if drivers endanger themselves, that's the risk they assume, but it is NOT okay to endanger others around you. If you don't live in an area where you can legally drive a sports car to its limits, and that's a dead set requirement you have, then maybe you should consider a different car, or a different neighborhood.

You don't have to think you're driving dangerously to actually be driving dangerously. No one who was ever involved in an accident ever said afterwards "yeah I knew I was gonna get into that accident, but I went forY it anyway".
I understand where you're coming from...but your gun analogy is a little far fetched. You say you bought a 328 exactly because you knew you would use the full power of the 335 maybe at most once or twice a year, and that wasn't worth it....well I bought the 335 with the full intentions of using it....a lot.

Guess being overseas has changed my views...the average speed here is a lot different then the states. To me 95 + (in ideal conditions) is perfectly safe but hey, that's just me. In the streets of a neighborhood or residential area is just plain stupid.
Appreciate 0