View Single Post
      02-02-2013, 06:58 PM   #73
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60, Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKau View Post
I did a ton of research prior to ordering my yet to be delivered vehicle. Only 3 magazines talked about the NEED to have the adaptive. Two were UK based and the other was Australia's Wheels magazine.

I was already spending way above my budget for the 320i to get into the 328i but i figured the stretch was worth it for the 328i. I thought long and hard about the adaptive as Wheels panned the car without it. They felt the A4 and C250 were dynamically superior to the 328i standard suspension.

So i ticked the box. Interesting to hear my decision validated on the forum.

On test , i didnt get to fang the car around sweeping bends but found the std setup to be ok.

Wheels slammed the std setup again for the COTY edition in the january 2013 issue. They said it was disingenuous of BMW to send them 5 vehicles (the entire range of engines down under) and have 4 with adaptive and only the 320i with std for coty evaluation.

They said adaptive should be standard issue for australia. I get the feeling if it was standard that they would have given the coty gong to the F30 (though the twins might have still been tough to beat).
All those magazines are right. The standard suspension is terrible if you like sporty tight handling.
BMW iX M60, Storm Bay with XPEL Stealth PPF, Exterior Line Titan Bronze, 1EW 22" 1023 Wheels, Amido Leather, Comfort Package, Interior Camera, Clear&Bold, Sun Protection Glazing, B&W Diamond Sound, Folding Towbar, Rear Axle Steering.
Appreciate 0