JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrong tomato View Post
My first post.

I ordered a F31 330d this week and I am excited! The estimated delivery date on the vehicle contracts says end of March. A couple of questions I was hoping someone could help: I went for the SE spec and Business Media package and am now having second thoughts.

1) I went for the SE spec because I intend to park the car on street in a relatively high crime area. This I hope would mean it attracts less attention although it clearly looks less good. Apart from the looks and sports seats, is this something I will regret?

2) I chose Business Advanced Media as oppose to Professional Advanced Media as the saving was approx £1000. It seems it's the smaller screen and lack of traffic information are the main differences, as it should also work with the HUD. Are my assumptions correct here? The dealer has been vague on this.

Thanks!
In reply to:
1/ I do not think SE or M Sport will detract from theft, if they want it , it will go. I would opt for the M Sport BUT if funds will not go to it then SE is fine.

2/ The new Professional Navigation system has some glitches, but by the time yours arrives this should be sorted, again it depends on "Funding", I have had the Business system in a new 5 series lent by BMW UK for the last month and found it OK, yes the screen is smaller but if you can live with that then OK.
You still get Traffic info if "Dynamic" is ticked.