02-18-2013, 09:21 AM   #54
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vioaltec View Post
lol i think the OP is actually the kid..Getting a kid a 40k will only fullfill his idea of self entitlement. Get him a Honda Civic lol
That didn't happen to me
Its not the car that is going to change the kid, its how he/she was raised and how he/she uses the car.

I was given an Infiniti G37S sedan as my first car (leased) and I took care of that car like a baby. All of my friends in 335s, range rovers and benzes were getting into accidents and racing the streets. My parents on the other hand refused to let me drive the car by myself for 3-4 months (even after I got my license) because they knew it was a powerful car ... much more so than the drivers ed cars I was training in.

I also don't feel self entitled and I have respect for cars... even my BMW now doesn't make me want to stop reaching higher. I plan (hopefully) to be able to afford, comfortably, a Ferrari of some sort by the time I'm 30/35 without any help from my parents - I envy my parents and want to go above and beyond without any of their financial aid after college/graduate school.
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0