trfortin69
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propagator
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX78703 View Post
Audi has better, streamline trim packages than BMW. This is non-negotiable.

Of course, I dont know why we're comparing the A6 to the F30, apples-to-oranges. When the 2013 A4 hits, it is going to have a lot of the interior goodies / MMI / infotainment that the A6 has and it seems that it will be cheaper. Man, if the S4 and the 335i Msport come in at the same price, it's hard to make a case for the 335i.
If I told you that I would happily cross-shop a well equipped 328xi with a similarly equipped A6 2.0T for my wife if the prices were similar, would that make it ok to compare them? I do know that the A6 is meant to be a 5 series competitor, but if Audi is willing to be so aggressive with the pricing, why should I be all dogmatic about it and refuse to compare the two just because they are meant to be in different classes?

The fact is that the F30 has grown both in size and in character, while Audi has been making a steady march towards the sporty end of the spectrum. Given two German AWD sports sedans with electric steering, turbo-4, similar interior volume and even similar price, I think many people would cross-shop the two.
Since I'm on my 3rd HPFP and BMW NA lied to me about the first one when I called them out on the power loss. Thanks to their lies I'll be switching over to S4 as soon as I can, but my BMw ain't worth crap on a trade due to n54issues so I have dish out big bucks for a down payment now.... Thanks BmW from one pissed customer. Fat chance I'll buy another one.