04-02-2013, 07:57 AM   #100
pallymore
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by n55x3 View Post
FWIW, for those going from Baltimore to Ohio, my 335i recently made that trip. Landed in Baltimore on 3/22, didn't arrive in Ohio till 3/30. Due to Easter I didn't get a chance to check it out in person until yesterday. Was told there was no VPC related repairs causing the delay rather it was a delay in the transport company. They told me they don't typically make the drive unless they can completely fill a carrier, thus that caused a few day delay. Not sure how much is BS or what isn't. Coming into this thing I was expecting a 2-3 day time between arrival at port and delivery at my dealer. Hopefully you guys will get your rides much quicker.

Also, regarding the port positions in Baltimore. The boat i was on dropped the car off at the second position in the harbor. If you look at google maps you can see the BMW VPC and the drop off point is very close to that VPC.

thanks for the info.

I'm expecting to pick it up sometime next week. Gonna take a day off to drive it around!

For the port position, that's what I figured too. I think the 2nd position is where they unload all the BMWs.

The fastest delivery(from the day the ship docked in baltimore to the car ready to be picked up at a dealership in Columbus ohio) I've ever heard is about 3 days.

But yea, I'm expecting the worst case scenario...I will give it 2 weeks. (though I secretly hope it's coming home before this weekend...)

Appreciate 0