Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 ///M3 E92 DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheObviousChild
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONE-77 View Post
I have the HUD. Thing is that it's totally de novo. Nothing caused it. No stone or anything hit the window.
I'm very curious to see how the replacement turns out. I live in Denver where cracked windshields are an almost annual occurrence. This is the ONLY reason I opted out of the HUD as I heard the windshields are more expensive to replace. I have a $50 deductible for glass replacement, but I'm not sure how the insurance company would handle the special BMW glass. They typically don't like using OEM, but i don't know if SafeLite even has F30 HUD-compatable windshields.

Good luck friend!
You said it.

Just went to BMW and of course the numbskulls found a tiny impact lesion that caused the crack. In fact, an 80 year-old service woman looked at the crack and saw the impact lesion. I guess its either I'm blind or the 80 year-old woman has bionic eyes. Anyways, they referred me to a glass shop near by and told me that in Florida it's free to replace the windshield if it cracked. I went to the glass shop and they called my insurance and they will replace it for me with $0 deductible. You are right about the original BMW glass argument. The car is damn new that there is no after market glass for it and having a HUD makes it a bit more harder. So the insurance company will replace it with OEM parts.

So freaking relieved. Thanks everyone.