Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by bz-e90 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1M2 View Post
-add dipstick for motor and transmission.
-Coolant temperature gauge
-NO runflats and add spare tire kit w/jack
Can you please explain the importance of having the dip stick?
The car comes with this great warranty package when bought brand new..

We cover all factory-recommended maintenance at no charge for the first four years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first, as well as specific items that require replacement due to normal wear and tear.

Your maintenance costs:

Engine Oil Services: $0
Inspection Services: $0
Wiper Blade Inserts: $0
Brake Pads: $0
Brake Discs: $0
Engine Drive Belts: $0
Brake Fluid Service: $0

plus on board computer tells you the oil level. why get your hands dirty when you can see it through the cluster instrument.

I don't see the importance of the dip stick..

what other car company has this sort of great warranty?
Call me old fashioned, but I would like some visual feedback on my oil as well. Instrument cluster oil check is great and alerts you when you need more In case you've forgotten, but it doesn't tell me the relative condition of the oil when I check it. It also makes it hard to gauge oil quantity when changing oil outside of warranty (I'll NOT be paying for oil changes after warranty since I can save more than half of my money DIY while still using OEM filters and LL-01 oil).

Furthermore, every time I have ever checked my oil level digitally it has told me that I have exactly the "max" quantity, right at the line. I find this hard to believe after the amount of oil that has gone into and come out of my car.

Why trust a computer when I can know for certain just by popping the hood?
Appreciate 0