United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

Garage List
2015 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMC Pro Machine  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
Whats wrong with a regular 335i? There's no performance upgardes on the M Sport.

However if you're comparing looks, then you're right. The M Sport Package looks very good and is comparable to the S4.
This.

From a performance perspective, the 335i and the M-Sport are the same beast, so either could be a suitable player in an S4 vs. F30 comparo.

Design and looks are subjective, though I personally prefer the F30. For better and worse, the Bangle-era cars changed the landscape of modern car design with more attention to surfacing and the interplay of concave/convex. BMW designs are "riskier" from the perspective that people will love or hate them (e.g. F20).

Audi's designs strike me as more teutonic and it seems they're unsure whether to stay the course with the Bauhaus design language (e.g. the original TT) or shift toward more modern design (e.g. A5/S5). Unfortuantely, the A4 seems to be caught in the middle and I fear that Audi is doing to this platform what Jaguar did with the XJ: Take an original and beautiful design and then tack on odd design elements over several generations until it's a cliche of the original.
Appreciate 0