mrpingu
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2018 F48 X1 xDrive 18D

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
The problem with the outer metal inside the doors is that when they get hot sitting in the sun the adhesive can fail, so they may end up sitting in the bottom of the doors. As I noted I put mine over the inside sheet metal of the doors. Inside the fender liners wouldn't hurt. If your carpet liners aren't at least 12mm thick lining the floor would help. The linked material is 78 mils thick, which is good. The aluminum doesn't do anything, butyl without it will work just as well, but it seems that everyone uses aluminum. That's because people would be inclined to use aluminum layered rather than plain because they don't know any better.

Thanks for insightful response. Good to know that quality is OK, it’s the cheapest available locally.

Is it really a thing that these end up in the bottom of the door if on outer metal? I live in Scandinavia so ambient temperature is almost never above 25 degrees, I do however have a black car…

Floor carpet is quite think I would say, I don’t think I will bother pulling the carpet.
Appreciate 0