06-05-2012, 02:33 AM   #16
tiltmode43
I plead the 5th.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Frontier Pro-4X, '06 Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocohead View Post
I think we are saying the same thing unless I misread your post. I want hard data on the product I intend to buy not Internet wisdom.

I guess I got spoiled by the Cobb accessport on my Evo. With that I could monitor all aspects of my engine's performance. Cobb came to the forums and you could post logs from the accessport which the tuner would help you analyze. It really made me feel that my car was running safely within margins. Now perhaps that can't be done with the BMW ecu but I really want that same level of transparency with whoever tunes my 328i.

Now take Dinan as another example...not that transparent but they warranty your engine. I mean of you're going to be cagey about your product at least be willing to pay if it does do damage. Right?

Cost really isn't a big factor per se. Take the Kellener Sport tune. It is very expensive! When I tried to get information about the device I couldn't find anybody knowledgeable about the particulars of the product. Is that tune worth the money?

All I am saying is that I hope the tuners will put raw data on the table so we can make intelligent purchasing decisions.
You've also got to keep in mind how fresh the N20 platform is as well. I know exactly the sort of thread you're aiming for but unfortunately, I think it's a bit too early to be asking for much.

In time I'm sure we'll see what the various options can do for us. I'm pretty familiar with forums such as EvoM and NASIOC and know the sort of presence Cobb has over there.

We'll get better options in due time. I'm personally looking forward to a Cobb offering but am open to other options once these tuners really start working on the N20.
Appreciate 0