11-29-2012, 05:46 PM   #21
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaestroAl View Post
The HUD was the one thing I really wanted but didn't get. Next car ... next car ...
You have an awesome car so I don't think you'll miss it if you've never had it. I went through 3 spec revisions when I ordered my car, just adding bits here and there. In the back of my mind I knew I wanted the HUD but just classed it as a luxury and couldn't justify the cost, so I always left it off and just didn't think about it again.

But I finally caved in and realised I actually really wanted it, ever since I saw the story on Engadget that the 'new 3 Series' will have a full colour HUD, over a year ago ! Thankfully I managed to squeeze it onto the spec at the very last minute (did it on Monday), car went into Confirmed by Production Control on Tuesday (no spec changed possible), so I was lucky.

But everyone says you don't think you need it until you've had it. So as you don't have it, you won't miss it as much