View Single Post
      01-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #2328
theothernguyen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '12 Jet Black 328i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Well, it helps in the sense that we know the problem is not FA related, and is much broader than that.

What error code do you get with the FDL Coding attempt?
Is it at all related to this similar problem? Error code 858. you actually commented before too:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1STBimmer
Sorry to interrupt the Speed Limit discussion (which I've been following closely for the last week) but I've got a problem coding a GT (F07)
cable works and when I connect to the car in E-sys, I have to choose F001 since no F007 is displayed on the list of 'F' Codes.

Then I can read the FA, I can read the VCM but when I go to FA > Activate FA I get an error that says:
"No FA2FP known for Entwicklungsbaureihe (that was a mouthful) F007 [858] - System error"

I've got pzdata V46.1, should I download v45.1 ?

any ideas, I know I'm probably the only one here trying to do this to a GT but any help would be appreciated! Awesome thread.
Quote:
@1STBimmer;
The F07 should work off the F01 psdzdata, not the F10. Also, downgrading from 46.1 to 45.1 shouldn't help you at all, unless the F01 psdzdata is somehow corrupt in 46.1.

Did you install the EST token and then set the path in E-Sys (Installation Steps 4 and 10)? Does it ask you for the PIN #?
Quote:
@shawn...It worked! downgraded to V.45.1 and it worked I was able to read the FA and make it active. Still not asking for the pin but i already added the certificate under 'settings'. (The same version thing happened to me with NCSexpert and my X5... didn't like the newest files, not sure why).

I'll try an easy mod now see what happens.

Happy Coding, yall!
Appreciate 0