View Single Post
      01-24-2013, 12:10 AM   #5
Tsuyoi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamouz627 View Post
Great info guys, thanks! It's unfortunate that BMW doesn't offer the 328xi in MT; perhaps they need to rethink their selling point?

I travel to VT for sb a lot and sometimes I like to go even further out to ME. I guess it's really nothing too crazy but I'd much rather take the risk out of driving in slippery conditions in a RWD. Worst case, scenario as many suggested, I'll throw some weights in the rear.

btw SamS and Tsuyoi, how are you guys liking your rides so far? Any features/options/packages that are a must have in your opinions? I was gonna go with the 328xi m-sport with leatherette, heated seats, xenons, parking distance control/rear camera and moonroof. Now i'll probably have to opt for the 328i instead.
For me tech package and driver's assist is an absolute must. The Nav with HUD is such a lifesaver when going anywhere off your normal route, and traffic avoidance has saved me over an hour so far. LOVE LOVE LOVE the HUD, I never have to look away from the road for anything, from phone calls to changing songs to nav directions.

If you plan on getting the PDC and camera already, it's not much more to get driver's assist. The side cameras and guide lines help a ton in parallel parking, and blind spot direction makes lane changes so much safer.

Def get the lighting package, those DRL angel eyes really make a bimmer a bimmer. Saw a few cars without them, and I just wanted to cry for them.

Heated seats is a pass for me. If it's cold enough to need them, I'm so bundled up my ass doesn't feel the cold seat anyway.

Between leather and leatherette, personally I sprang the 1450 for leather (didn't get premium pack), love the smell and feel of it. However I did test drive a leatherette car, and it's just as comfortable. I just like real leather.

Handling wise, if you really want performance similar to the older E90s, get the dynamic handling package for the suspension.

Other than that, LOVE the car.
Appreciate 0