View Single Post
      12-22-2012, 04:16 PM   #14
KevinJ
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2k11 335is

Is BMW Service the new DMV?

Sorry for the book here, publicly documenting for myself maybe, skip to the end.

In the beginning it appeared that they had their act together. Now they act like I went in the back and repaired my own wheel and caused their damage?

They claim they never were going to call me today when the new rim came in to verify they received it and it matched, and possibly go ahead and put that one one, they were going to call on Monday. So this is not true, they were going to call me both days and maybe the car would be ready on Saturday/today. They agree they ordered the wrong part (which is something I pointed out to them) as part of the delay but appears they had no intention of using it. I'm not convinced they ordered rim previous. I found out that they could have had the part the same day if they wanted.

They disagree about replacing the rim before seeing the repaired one. They agree that if I don't like the repair, then they would replace it with the new one they ordered and had on hand. In that case I said what was the whole point, they could have replaced from the beginning knowing it was not a simple patch and paint repair as agreed and again have had five days, Monday morning will be 6 days.

I said I would like the replacement offer at this point, them waiting for the repair is really their issue. It sounds like they are experimenting on the wheel and have never done one before.

They are saying I'm pushing for a new rim???? When I gave them my car un-damaged, they acknowledged the error and was going have it fixed in a day, have the new rim on hand and eat the cost. Their comeback now is that my rim is not new it has 9k miles on it.

I asked for his word that this will be resolved on Monday with the new rim on, he would verify the repair if it is acceptable or not and put the new one on anyway, I asked for his word and a hand shake. I then asked for that in writing and he refused, his word was enough. They claim that was an unfair comment and will not provide anything in writing. In my book, if you give your word, then you should have no problem to back it up in writing. Otherwise that is dishonest. I appologized to the other service reps in the room because this is not their issue.

I returned their loaner car since at this point I'm expected my car back. I don't owe anything here, they didn't do the work in the time agreed, they own me a new rim at this point and I want my car back "without any new damage".

We crossed paths after I dropped the loaner key and he said they might go ahead and put the new rim on today if they could, might call me if it will be ready today. Of course it is past their closing time now but he said "might" call which I took as I won't call you as usual.

I think they are attempting to try to repair something they have not repaired before instead of putting on the new rim, do things however they want regardless of what I question or the amount of time, keeping the car however long they want, go away and when we feel like it we will call you. In fact, from the beginning they attempted to pass off the damage.

Who knew that a simple nail in an inflated run-flat tire could turn into this.

Last edited by KevinJ; 12-22-2012 at 04:41 PM..
Appreciate 0