03-19-2015, 03:55 PM   #45
ktula
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithf32 View Post
I had a nasty sounding one that started on a drive home today and it was a loud clicking that appeared to be coming from the steering wheel area. Possibly from under the plastic cover that covers the wiper and turn signal stalks.

I really really hope it goes away because I can hear it even with music in some cases, and I like to listen to Elvis Duran in the morning so it would be very annoying to hear that clicking all day every day. I would lose my sanity.
Must be the same buzzing noise that i hear when i drive at freeway speed. It took three trips to the service department last year to quiet it down a bit but it started buzzing terribly again recently. The interesting thing is, i also heard it from an almost brand new loaner 328i a couple of months ago so this problem appears to affect a lot of F3X cars. When i take my car back to the service department, i am going to ask them how to pop out the plastic piece on the steering column. That way, i can attempt to fix it on my own without having to visit the dealership.
Appreciate 0