11-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #15
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick955 View Post
Nice. I was going back and forth on the Alpins and the Sottozeros... both had pretty equal reviews for dry conditions, but the Pirellis got better marks in the winter conditions. Same situation here.. roads are generally cleaned up pretty quickly after a weather event. I did not want an all black wheel.. just personal preference, and the Elbrus had the option for the BMW caps and they looked similar to the 403's so I went that route. $1750 out the door and no shipping because Tirerack is here in my back yard so I could pick them up myself. $50 rebate on the Pirellis takes it to $1700. Can't complain at all... and if something bad happens to a wheel during the winter, minimal cost to replace. The car easily recognized the new TPM and I was good to go right away.
I was going to ask you how it went before I ordered - did you just go and reset the TPMS system and let it connect?

I'm still torn re: getting 17 vs 18 rims...I don't want to limit my future Brake purchases because of this.

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0