06-28-2012, 06:58 AM   #221
arnsbrae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinf79 View Post
I just received word back from Canada head office. MY 2013 F30's (aside from Hybrid) will 100% NOT be getting the new iDrive (at least in the August production month).
Another kick ass marketing decision by BMW. I don't mind waiting for improvements if they are genuinely in development but it frustrates the hell out of me when it is just the marketing department phasing things in at their pace, seemingly arbitrarily.

My current order will miss out on the updated iDrive sat nav system because of this. Also, they have introduced the xdrive into the UK on a model very few people buy - the 320i. Again, the 320xd is developed - they were showing it in Zurich - but I can't have one. This is far and away the most popular engine for UK F30s.

With over a month to go before my F30 is due to be built, I find myself flirting with the Audi and Mercedes configurators (well, I will when Mercedes has finished upgrading theirs...) I may well cut off my nose to spite my face but I'm sick of being manipulated. If the damn technology is developed and available, just sell it to me!