Tallest
Major General
Rep
Drives: 911

Garage List
2011 911  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Given the importance of the F30 I would say we are looking at a 320d in the Sparkling Bronze color and a Midnight Blue 335i that is hidden in the shadows with the more Premium spoked alloys that have been polished well by the crew to reflect the light.

Because it is the 3er everything will be all-new - colors , trims and new wheels.
But there is another car. If you look above the Midnight Blue 335i you can see the wheels allbeit covered by the tarp,Of the 5-spokes that have been caught in other photographs. This could be a larger engined diesel model 330d or indeed a four cylinder turbo.

Marketing always brings cars that are more "realistic" sellers for example a 320d.
I would disagree highly on that last point. The E90 was advertised everywhere as the 335i dual exhaust model with 18 rims. If yuo'd been in Europe you'd notice that most of the E90s in the "common man" spec, the 320d (which I have ) are equipped with cloth interior, 16in rims, and options are usually automatic gearbox, may be xenons and climate control. Everything else is quite expensive and is on bigger models. So common man spec looks much worse than you think!

BMW will advertise the best looking non Msport model usually. Makes mortals aspire to things. In US I also don't think the 328i is advertised, it's the 335i.

However, what you're seeing in this particular add is a 6 cyl model (it has all chrome grills - mark of upper end range) but they are very possibly shooting different models for the catalog so it can be the 4 cyl 328 model too, not the top end like the big chrome rimmed blue car (probably 335 or 330d like others said).