Thread: Battery dies...
View Single Post
      01-08-2015, 10:45 AM   #25
pdawgped
Rep
Drives: 328d

Same issue's

I too started getting this low charge warning a few days ago. Parking it outside and the cold weather seems to have really done a number on this 328d.

Drove the car roughly 100km on the highway hoping to charge the battery back up.

This morning same problem, infact my car doors would not unlock. I manually unlocked the doors and drove the car straight to the dealership.

According to the service adviser, they are going to do an electrical diagnostic to determine if i have "negligently" drained the system. If they deem the usage to be "normal" they will replace the battery for me. If not, i have to pay to have this fixed.

He also told me i shouldn't even be running the radio for more than 20 minutes without the car on. That sounds a bit odd to me, but i don't do that either way.

This is a work vehicle, that see's roughly 1500km/month. 95% of the time i'm driving in Eco mode, does that charge the battery as well?

This is a 6 month old car and my first bmw....wtf

now i'm waiting for a phone from the dealership. I too suspect the cars charging system is not adequately designed. Throw in a bigger battery, a better alternator and you don't have this problem.

I've read suggestions to plug this car in. Screw that.
To be honest, if i wanted to plug a car in i would have bought a Tesla.
Appreciate 1