View Single Post
      07-27-2013, 06:17 AM   #69
raghav0090
Registered
Rep
Drives: f30 320d Red Sportline

Hey guyz.. Im from Kolkata, India.

I have a 320d sportline, which is just 2 months old. Initially when I bought the car I could here some clicking noise from the front right suspension. I took it to the dealership, they confirmed there was some noise. They opened the underbody panel and sprayed some kind of chemical thats all. The sound was gone, but the same day when I was driving the car, while turning the steering wheel in any direction, at low or high speeds, I could feel something clicking against my steering. Though it wasnt making any sound, I could feel something clicking.

I went to the gas station and checked my tyre pressure, my tire pressures were as low as 24 - 25 PSI ( suggested tyre pressure is 30 psi in front and 32 in the rear).

After getting the right tyre pressure the knocking feeling had really reduced alot and sometimes while turning the steering wheel it couldn't be felt at all but that issue still there.

I took it to the workshop again according to them there is no problem at all, but since I drive the car daily I can feel it. They say they will need my car for like 2-3 days and they will have to open up the whole steering column to check the issue, but I really don't want them to do that.

The dealership and the customer care both confirmed my car was produced somewhere in the month of March. When I decoded my VIN it shows production time December, 2012. When I asked them about this difference they said the date mentioned in the VIN decoder is the date when the parts had been imported to India for assembly.

If my car is a March, 2013 manufactured car it shouldn't have the steering rack issue as I suppose till then they must have got the new steering racks.

I really don't know what to do as I don't trust the mechanics here in kolkata. Any help on this would be really helpful.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0