View Single Post
      01-01-2014, 07:24 AM   #1
thxphil
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 MSport 40i

Advice Needed - Traveling and F30 stuck at dealership

Happy New Year!

I live in San Francisco and just purchased a 2014 328i (AW M Sport). My fiancé and I decided to take our dog (and new F30 with back seat protective cover of course) on a road trip and visit family for the holidays in Seattle. I went to leave my parents house on Monday and the car stuttered, shook, and died. Called BMW, towed to local dealership (BMW Bellevue). They gave me a loaner and told me they will look at it the next day. Missed the call Yesterday but SA said they need to replace the fuel pump. Closest one is in Germany! SA said 1 week at best to order the part.

Here is where I need advice from anyone who's been in a similar situation or read about another member in one.

I need to get back to SF for work by Monday, fiancé as well. We have a 50lb dog that can't fly. Here are the two options:

1. They let me take the current loaner (X3) down to SF, flatbed my F30 down when finished, and flatbed the loaner back.

2. They take the fuel pump off a new car on their lot and get me the car back by weeks end so I can drive home.

If we didn't have the dog I would just fly and have them flatbed the car to me in SF.

Thanks!

tl;dr
Traveling from SF to SEA
Car won't start
Towed to dealer
Part needed will take 1 week
Need to get back to SF before that for work
What do?
Appreciate 0