shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
Jesus, what a cluster frick.

I just dropped the F30 off, verified with the parts guy and the SA, I paid $1393 for all parts, here's the breakdown:
33-50-2-320-981 SUSP KIT - $1115.00 (lowest I could get them, compared to BMW partspro, which was my negotiator tool!)
33-55-6-853-47 STAB - $121.46
31-35-6-792-125 STAB - $157.36 (I guess I remembered incorrectly with the prices here).

Those are the part #'s from the catalog, verify with your parts guy...and if you paid substantially less than me, than, maybe they separated out the kit? If you paid about what I paid, then I'm flippin' confused, because BOTH the parts guy AND the SA verified the Springs are on the Struts.

(unless they lied to me...) I'll find out, because the springs are red or yellow, right?

Shiv
OK here's the update.

BMW f'ed up royally...here's the breakdown:
1. Part numbers on sway bars are wrong on the brochure, online, everywhere. So DON'T USE THE ARB Part's listed above.
2. The "Kit" is indeed misrepresented not only to the part's department here, but customers --> Springs are an additional $600-800, which makes this suspension "kit" a misnomer for sure, and rather pointless to install without springs. WHY WOULDn'T IT BE A WHOLE KIT BMW?!?!?!? Bad first customer experience.

My SA has been awesome and has reached out to the local rep, since the dealership tore apart the car before they did a part check to only find out the ARB is wrong, and the springs were missing. Hoping the local rep will make it right for the customer, the tech, and the dealership...hoping it get's comped for my inconvenience.

PITA being the forum guinea pig.

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0