12-24-2012, 08:31 AM   #2
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
Hi all, I want to make you aware of this mail as you should all get one.
I have outlined the seat problems along with the Sat-Nav joke.
I have added a letter to that effect coupled with the survey report.
The report is "dealer specific" so it was IMC 5* as my dealer is five star.
However the letter outlines BMW's Lack of product " quality control" with respect to Paint finish ( Orange peel and specs under the lacquer )
Seat rust on the frames of new cars and leather stretching/sagging and of course the Sat-Nav problems.
I have suggested that BMW UK refund my £2000.00 for the said Sat-nav as I no longer use or trust it.
I would suggest when your survey arrives you outline any problems ( if you have any ) in a similar letter. J
Good one John.

I'll certainly be giving my input. I am pretty upset at present with the dead key fob, the faulty seat base, disappointing sound from DAB (not BMW's fault). As for the Pro Nav, I'm running into some problems myself. But it could be user error in my case.

The supplying dealer has been most helpful so far. I'll soon know if BMW fix my problems under warranty. The key fob they will sort this Friday, but the seat base is probably going to be a bit of a bugger. I am not a happy bunny, to say the least. The W44 car seems perfect, but my W48 car is not.