11-19-2012, 11:04 AM   #139
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob23 View Post
The deal was 1K over AFTER all incentives were applied, so yea, I think this was 3K over invoice until college grad + holiday incentives. I didn't realize people were able get this price and apply incentives until after reading the forums closer. My excuse is I needed place the order asap to get the car before starting a new job.

As I mentioned in another thread, I contacted the CA about applying the incentives to my price (1K + invoice) and this was his response: When we spoke of price a few days ago I agreed I would sell you the 335 at 1,000 over invoice. We are absorbing all rebates and discounting the vehicle to meet that price.
It's not the end of the world if you pay a more than some folks here were able to get. If you are satisfied with the deal (value?) that you're getting, that is all that matters.

Keep in mind, 335i (probably even more so, xDrive) are very scarce. So the dealer is not going to be as flexible as with a 328i that has been sitting on the lot since August, or even March.

I got a better deal (invoice + $xxx) on the ActiveHybrid 3, vs. the same-equipped 335i. It all boils down to how eager the dealer is to sell you the car. Most seem to believe that 335i models, especially German built ones, don't need aggressive discounting to move off the lot.
Appreciate 0