02-14-2013, 01:58 PM   #48
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdizzle View Post
You said it better than I did, but that's what I was getting at.

I meant for track purposes. Handling will shine, but there comes a point where more power will overcome a slight handling advantage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB72 View Post
Because we are always on the track!
It's not JUST the track. You could make the same arguments that using the extra power of the N55 can not be explored on public roads :P

See, I had an N55 for 3 days. I liked how in a straight line you could goose the pedal and feel the extra surge. But I also took it on back roads and pushed to 5-6/10ths(not like a track where it's 8-9/10ths) and felt it less tossable, less willing to change direction, less neutral. Was it huge? No, but neither is about 30whp between the two(265-270 actual crank vs 315-320hp)

And, adding gobs of power to the 335 can exacerbate the weight/handling issue. To me, I found it awesome that my $300 tune gave me the surge I liked in the 335 but I still have the lightness in handling and direction change of the 328. That $300 was easier to me then taking the 150lbs out of the 335.

NOW, on the other hand. If I wanted more of a straight line monster, a 500hp/500ftlbs tq rocket sedan, I would walk right past the 328 for a 335. The 335 has the displacement to easily push those kinds of numbers. The 328 I will say will cap out at 320whp ish before bigger turbos and likely pistons will come into play.

'98 Dinan/RMS stage 2+(VAC cams, CES Cutring etc)
'15 Buick Regal "T"(wife)
'06 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt (full suspension, LSD, clipped turbo etc)
Appreciate 0