04-22-2013, 07:19 AM   #16
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F30 310i > G20 310i

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_BEAST View Post
The first time I paired the phone, I would hear the SMS tone through the speakers (music gets interrupted) ... Now nothing .. no sound and no option.

Unfortunately followed Kon's instructions and still no luck with SMS. I made sure that Mail and Messages are in the Notification centre but selecting Bluetooth on my phone and selecting on BMWXXXX, there is no such option as "Show Notifications". I am running the latest ios unless the SMS function is not compatible with a dinosaur of iPhone 3GS.
You need to check whether you have Office activated in your Telephone/Bluetooth menu.

Go to Telephone > Bluetooth, click on option the bottom right button on your idrive controller and scroll to Bluetooth Settings (or something similar), you should see Additional Telephone, Office, Picture, and (one more item can't remember what it is lol!)... Make sure you have office checked.

If all is in order and you still can't see Show Notifications on your iPhone bluetooth menu, remove the pairing and repair the phone again... If it still doesn't work, I don't know why
Appreciate 0