11-10-2012, 03:58 PM   #6
F30FAN
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport -

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
OK after driving this Loaner (Luxury touring 328i 2013) for nearly a month now waiting for my car to turn up, I have noticed a real "Flaw" in this sat-nav.
What does ( for no apparent reason ) is whilst on a duel carriageway or motorway it will suddenly take you off it, and then immediately back onto it on the same junction you came off on!!!!!!!!!!.
This has happened more than once on the A14, M11 and south circular roads to date. This should not be happening on this supposed "best Sat-nav system out their".
A point in it's favour though is , whilst in navigation mode the bottom righthand info box on the screen will "add delay times" to destination times, these have been quiet accurate. However if you are not always on the ball and blindly following the nav, you will find yourself ( unless this one has a fault) coming off and rejoining routes for F**k all.
I had exactly the same problem on the north circular and M11 today whilst using NAVFree an iPhone app!

I assumed it could be due to the fact that newly built fly overs/road changes haven't yet been updated in the software..but who knows maybe technology has become self aware with the sole purpose of driving humans mad...so don't worry your not suffering in silence..

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781108
Appreciate 0