shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandleth View Post
Yes, I realized how dumb I was right after, good thing I just had backedup just in case i just restored from the backup, I suppose this was ok too, right?

The FEM_BODY and REM(this doesn't matter anymore, I've done them manually) gave me an error when trying to "Code". I mean it went through the whole process but after clicking "close", in the window that pops at the end where t tells you everything went ok and you can save the report, it told me there was an error, in red fonts. Should have saved it, I guess so I can paste it here

As for shadow codes, there are many talking about them even on these and e90post forums. It's an error that showed up then got fixed by itself so to say, but it remains stores somwhere for the dealer to see it (in the good way, so they can see there was a glitch and might need further investigating).

Also, about what you just explained, about the dealer updating the ECU, how will I know that? That long number of the saved ncd file going to be different than the ECU's, right?

Thanks!
Yes, you will know because after the dealer update, the ECU CAFD file name will be newer.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0