10-06-2017, 01:48 PM   #94
dereksM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MG 340i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
Thanks guys, yes I'm an enthusiast first and always...

Contour SVT-> Mitsu Evo-> had a kid got an Acura RDX-> 335i with all the M performance goodies that really got me into HPDE-> Audi RS3.

I wished the tech and tightness of the RS3 didn't in my opinion surpass this gen of M3, but I'm sure BMW will come strong next G body style.

And yes the fact that a DP and tune could put a stock RS3 into 10s makes it a tuners paradise and modern day RS4. (The inline 5 sound also helps!)

I'll post some pics for the enthusiasts (and to annoy the fan boys!)
I thought I recognized your username from the EvoM boards? I had a IX MR for about 6yrs when they first came out back in 06. It was such a great car, they just don't make them like that anymore. From a performance and handling standpoint I still feel that car was sublime.

Moved onto my E92 M3 which was an equally awesome car. Had a kid myself so the 2-door had to go and I wasn't quiet sold on the F80's yet. I regret selling both of those to be honest, although the 340i is a great all around car it lacks the sharpness of the true M cars. However, from what I've seen the RS3 seems to be the more expensive new age Evo. The Focus RS tried to fill that roll but not sure it made the impact that Ford had hope for.
Appreciate 0