View Single Post
      05-10-2013, 03:45 PM   #873
Evilsmith
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

You have to take into account that this isnt a problem with cars as they approach 50k miles or 100k miles. This is a problem that is happening to at least double-digit cars FROM THE SHOWROOM FLOOR. People are still buying cars that have this problem for a lot of money, and from everything I have heard so far it doesnt look like much is being done in the way of resolving the issue from an owner perspective by either dealerships or BMW. This issue does not appear isolated to one batch of cars, one year, or one package. This issue is happening at a seemingly random rate with unknown future ramifications. Is this going to cause my steering box to prematurely wear out? Are my tires going to wear out quicker? How will the bushings take 50k miles of high-speed vibration? These are all things that have had me at the dealership 3 times to resolve the issue with no positive results. If nothing else, I feel like the dealership is merely placating. Yes, I have a PUMA number, yes they know that its a problem. They have gone as far to imply that its not a big deal, and I feel like BMW is taking much of the same lackadaisical approach to this.

I have had plenty of sports cars, and this is my 6th BMW. I have had E30's, an E36, and an E46. I cant speak for everyone thats having this problem (And some of the descriptions definitely sound like different problems), but this is definitely an issue and it needs addressed. The fact that there is more than one forum talking about this issue has to speak to the amount of people experiencing it. Between the vibrating wheel and a handful of other issues, this will likely be my last BMW for a while. I would really like to turn around my newly negative feelings about this car from "extremely displeased" to a general "underwhelmed".
Appreciate 0