View Single Post
      01-10-2013, 08:25 AM   #16
arnerj
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
Then it sounds like the allocation thing, he has 2 allocations he can trade for and it's too late to change the configuration of those allocations, but sounds like he just wasn't up front about it. Sometimes people are just idiots and make things up when it's not even necessary. If he's giving you a decent deal, locked you into the holiday money, and giving you the extra options at invoice, then why not just say so in the first place...

But I can assure you, BMW wouldn't just say, we have extra parts, you have to buy them.... That's not how business works and BMW wouldn't be pushed around by the vendors that make the parts and live off of BMW....

My advice would be to try and keep a clear head, explore other options but don't let go of the allocation he can get (and therefore your holiday money) until you have a better option
Thanks for the words of wisdom. What you're saying makes sense.

I also agree with you about BMW, I highly doubt they would force their customers to order individual options, which is why I found his comments odd. They package options, and have optional add-ons to navi etc., but I have never heard of forcing a customer to order a certain option. It has to be that a couple of vehicle are built like this in their system.

I'll let everyone know what they saw today. Thanks
Appreciate 0