Nitz99
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW F30 335i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjames View Post
Sure.

Click the Media button > Hover over "Nitz iPhone" > Press and hold a 1-8 button.

Now any time you are listening to the Radio, just hit the new button and the iPhone will start playing music instantly without having to switch from Radio to Media and drilling down through menus.

For music, the best use of the 1-8 buttons is to get you through the different sources. Assign one button for your favorite radio station (important: hover over it on the Presets list to set it) and then you'll use the steering wheel scroll wheel to toggle through the Presets list which mixes together all the AM/FM/Satellite stations. Much easier than using the iDrive controller. By giving one preset to your iPhone and another preset to a single radio station, you never really have to use iDrive and all the complicated menus again.

If you do it right, you'll never have to use the iDrive controller buttons at all. All those different source buttons like menu, radio, media, navigation all can be accomplished more efficiently by setting the right shortcuts using the 1-8 buttons.

BJ
Thanks a lot, James! This is very helpful advice. Looking forward to getting in my car tonight and setting this up. Shortcut to the iPhone music will make things much easier. I still haven't figured out the best way to organize my music in a way that makes it easier to search using idrive. I've heard some folks talk about using playlists which I never really used before so maybe I'll try that. Does anyone here have any thoughts on this?
Appreciate 0