02-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #43
J Tiberius
Captain
South Korea
Rep
Drives: Imperial Blue Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassBimmer
My E90 328i xDrive went in for a wire grounding problem today and I received a 2013 328i xDrive base model as a loaner. I must say...I hate it. What a boring vehicle. You practically have to jump on the gas to get it to go anywhere - and even then it's not very willing. Putting it into sport mode makes a world of difference but I shouldn't have to choose between a family hauler and a sports sedan - it should do both seamlessly like my E90 does. Needless to say, I won't be running off to buy an F30 anytime soon, what a disappointment.
I ordered an e90 328i in 2008 (LCI model) while I was deployed overseas. Had never driven one, but I had a big V8 back in the States and gas prices were jumping up drastically from everything I was hearing. I thought the e90 would be a sporty and efficient alternative to my usual big engines. I was wrong. In fact I was profoundly disappointed every moment of every day I drove that car, especially when starting off the line.

The F30 sport on the other hand has been fantastic and I enjoy it greatly. Still keep a big V8 in my second vehicle, but the F30 is glorious. E90 328, no way in hell would I say that - even when equipped with the 6mt (as mine was). Sorry you feel otherwise.