View Single Post
      07-22-2012, 09:36 PM   #83
wac77
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 330i Xdrive

Hi Scott,

I normally take your word as gold, but this time I don't think so. The car in the pic is clearly a hatchback, with extra windows behind the rear doors. So not a 4 GC.

Moreover, I have seen the 3 GT in the flesh at a BMW clinic, huge pillars and all, and I am convinced it is the car in the pics, although the camo is now like those used in the 4er prototypes.

My 2 cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Apologies BimmerPost friends.

By having a look earlier I started to have doubts to see if I was accurate or not, I did know that the 3er GT was heavily camouflaged at the rear to put the scent off and I presumed this was it after the camouflage comes off.
I checked the FEP 3er GT in Munich today and it appears it is not the case.
You know how good the disguise is when it even fools your own employees.
I am currently far too busy in my current role to check on updates.

Having spoken to someone today who is familiar with the car I can now confirm the car in the photographs is indeed the BMW 4er Gran Coupe.
The car is cleverly disguised especially around the rear door line that merges into the rear door and the hofmesiter kick is actually partially covered by a layer of camouflage. The rear hofmesiter kick is very reminiscient of the door line featured on the 2007 BMW CS Concept Car as is the shortened trunk.
The car is a full four door with a full trunk and not a hatch , it is essentially a four door 4er Coupe.
And it will be with us in 2014. This car will also feature as an M4 Gran Coupe. A more flexible and stylish and of course expensive M3 if you will.