View Single Post
      08-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #11
Wrinckled
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1990 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
My speculation: Manual transmissions are something chosen by folks who care about driving and interacting with the car as much as they can. That's not the market segment at which the 320i is targeted.

I think it's a shame they don't offer the manual because a manual can make a car having average 0-60 power/speed feel peppier than it really is. Though my middle kid got a sparsely optioned 328i (the 320 wasn't offered at the time), my third child will very likely get a loaded 320i being that my budget goal for the car I give him is $40K to $41K.

Even so, the 320i offers an excellent bargain as goes getting sport suspension. One gets the great handling for several hundred dollars less than having to choose sport line in a 328i. In my mind, it's the way to go if one isn't obsessed with straight line acceleration and wants a smart daily driver with lots of gizmos more than lots of speed.
This exactly ^ !

Now will you be allowing your son to tune the 320i? The JB4 Stage 2 tune on a 320i is pumping out more power than a 328i.
Appreciate 0