2013 BMW 335is  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepittrill View Post
What were its main faults?
This was my post from another forum...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///ADMAN View Post

Okay, Okay, Already...

Yes, it's a big/heavy car and it feels like it. The body roll was terrible, even in Sport/SportPlus mode. I'm sure it probably feels better at high speed. But, still - I would hope the S4, Turbo and GTS are better.

The roofline is a bit low and it has a HORRIBLE blindspot between 4 o'clock and 5 o'clock. And, the view out the back window was pretty bad as well. Felt like I was in the Lamborghini Aventador again. Once I put the screens up, I couldn't really see anything. And, that was in the middle of the afternoon. I'd rather see them install electric privacy glass in these high-end vehciles. Oh, well...

I will say the view out the front over the hoodline is pretty cool. Like a larger version of a Pontiac Solstace or Saturn Skye, if you've ever driven one of them. Fun little cars...

The brakes were VERY quishy at first - at low speed. But, they are adaptive - so they did grab nicely once you were going faster. Good bite.

Fit & finish was good - just a little weird. The whole interior smelled like adheisive. Kind of a fruity octane scent. You know, like grape racing fuel. The seats had very hard edges to them - all the way around. Once you sunk down into them, they were okay. But, hard. I didn't have time to change all of the settings. Too many buttons. So, that could have just been the way they were set by the previous driver. But, the vented cooling was great. The AC blows through the leather and each seat can be set by each passenger. The back seats were the same too.

Over all, it was a HUGE car. Plenty of room for clients running from point A to point B on the Autobahn at 150+mph. But, it was very difficult getting in and out of the back too. Oh, and the "trunk" was ginormous!!!

It had A LOT of buttons and screens - On the dash. By your knees. On the console. On the roof. On the pillars. Too much, in my opinion. Once everything is set, it's probably fine. And, you don't need to touch them again.

Lastly, I drove this as a "comparison vehicle" at BMW of Las Vegas on West Sahara. It was part of the BMW Ultimate Driving Experience. They had the Porsche Pani, BMW X3, X5, 640i, 750Li, MB350, MB550, etc. But, you can usually go to the dealership and drive anything you want.

I'm waiting for the new Corvette Stingray to hit the lots. That's next on my list. Maybe a Fiskar too. Gotta go buy a fire suit first.
Appreciate 0