06-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #11
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by flags View Post
The frustrating thing with my setup is that I cannot use the scroll wheel to skip songs with any ipod or my iphone. USB, cradle, it matters not. Pandora works great. You can use the HUD to see the song, and skip tracks, etc. With ipod/iphone, the scroll wheel shows the current song, but will not allow skipping. I have to use the idrive controller, thus the entertainment details have to be full screen or take up the left side for split screen. The left/right arrows on the head unit do work, but not the most convenient. Maybe I missed an option somewhere... anyone else have the same issues or a better solution for skipping tracks with the scroll wheel?
The scroll wheel works on my iPod nano plugged in via a cable and it scrolls the titles in the HUD. I don't have an iPhone to test with, but I assume it would be the same, wired or over Bluetooth.

I have the Assist package with the enhanced Bluetooth. That may be required to have this feature.

Man, I got the Assist mainly for the peace of mind for when my wife is driving around, but with all of the other things packed into the assist package, I'm really glad I got it. I love the Bluetooth streaming for both my blackberry and my wife iPhone, and the send-to-car nav info from google maps is really handy. I didn't even know these features were limited to the Assist package until after my car had been built!
Appreciate 0