10-31-2012, 10:04 PM   #3
Rick955
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46toF30 View Post
Hey guys, I'm trying to decide whether I should go with winter tires(Staggered Bridgestone Blizzaks) or All-Seasons( Staggered Bridgestone RE970AS). Both are the highest rated in the category on Tirerack. My car came with Bridgestone S001 RFT Summer which are OK but not the greatest in performance and steering response. I originally definitely was going with the RE970AS but I'm kinda nervous about it's traction in the snow. It's excellent in all aspects(steering response, ride, performance, etc) but fair in snow. Blizzaks are average in all aspects but excellent in snow.

Like everyone, I do not want to slide into another car or get stuck. Being in the Philadelphia area, it's not terrible in the winter. It will snow about 6-8 times all winter and average about 2-3 inches. About 1 major storm where we'll get 5+ inches. If I get the Blizzaks, I would run the S001 RFT for the rest of the year.

Which do you recommend? Also, those who have changed the S001 RFT to other tires, please tell me your experience. Thanks.
I have the 19" with the S0001's. I bought dedicated 18" rims and put the Pirelli Winter Sottozero Serie II on them (Tire Rack), same size tire on all 4. Excellent performance when the roads are dry or wet, not just in snow/ice. I used the Elbrus 108 wheels... inexpensive, look quite a bit like the BMW 403's, and can take BMW caps too... they look pretty decent. Don't bother with all seasons!

Appreciate 0