View Single Post
      02-09-2015, 06:07 AM   #28
x-m4n
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Gran Turismo (F34)

This forum's user, Dracon helped me with the code for the 2014-2 map and I would recommend him if you need a code quick

Since BMW seem to release updates of the maps every year, DIY can save you some $€s in the long term... I bring the info here in case any F34 owner want to try.

All the instructions and software links needed are nicely consolidated in this guide here. (Time to say thank you to kitster, Dracon and shawnsheridan for all the info they share)

You will need a cable which I got from Amazon but you can find it on eBay too (key words are: ENET BMW F-series).

You will also need a 64GB USB drive.

Downloading the parts needed will depend on your broadband speeds but installing the software to the laptop (mine has Windows 8.1 32bits) was easy and took me some 45mins. Then the part where you link the laptop to the car took approx 30 mins (reading the instructions twice making sure you click the right thing) - all you do here is read+save a .fsc file from the car, you don't make any change to the car/system at all.

This .fsc file is then used to generate the update code and, if you save your .fsc file, you can use it to generate codes for future map releases - you wont have to connect the laptop to the car again. This step is quick and you do it already disconnected from the car.

Then you connect the USB stick to the car, it automatically asks for the update code and the maps start to upload after you input the code - the update took around 45 mins and you are able to drive/use the satnav while the files are transferred.

Last edited by x-m4n; 08-11-2017 at 05:19 AM..
Appreciate 0