11-22-2012, 05:36 PM   #189
Reznick
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 ,01 330,M240?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badblk335i View Post
I enjoyed watching the video to see things from a different perspective. Even though I don't agree completely with the results, it was something worth watching.

I purchased my 2012 e92 335i after owning two Cadillac CTS's and can honestly say I would never go back to Cadillac for multiple reasons.

I purchased a brand new 2008 CTS when it came out. Had the car for a total of 9 months and it was in the shop for a total of 3 months. The car was a lemon and everything electrical that could go wrong, went wrong. It was a fairly good looking, cheaper luxury car that looked great but did not feel solid and the craftsmanship was very very poor.

After GM bought the 2008 CTS back from me, they put me in a new 2009 CTS. Which was just as bad. Transmission problems, poor interior with creaks and rattles along with other issues.

I test drove Audi, Mercedes, Cadillac and since I work part time for BMW, I have driven every make/model over the last four years.

When it came down to it, my heart was sold on BMW for a few reasons. I liked the look and feel of the e92 most of all. I liked the performance and overall feel. But that's just my own opinion.

When it comes down to it, each company has its positives and negatives and will both have a large customer base. I just feel the negatives that BMW may offer such as high stickers prices, etc outweigh the positives from other companies in my eyes.
Sorry you didn't have a good experience with the CTS , but mine has been exactly opposite. It has never been in the shop other than for one simple recall & I'm seriously considering the ATS with that suspension feel. I can live with the transmission. I don't plan on this car being a racecar for me and hopefully improvements are to come.... I truly believe if the ATS had a different manufacturers badge on it, some people would instantly have a better opinion of it. Hope you have better luck with the 335 ,,,awesome car
Appreciate 0